- 12,000m² NLA
- Physical environment is used to unite the business, with strategic design drivers of unity, transparency, functionality, innovation and community
- ‘Staggered’ void and interconnecting stair create a series of rich and complex spaces, maximising views between floors
- Transformation of an outdated building into a contemporary workplace that facilitates business objectives
- Major training centre located in poorly performing retail space
- First project in Australia to achieve 6 star Green Star rating (Office Interiors)
- Refurbishment of eight floors of existing B-grade building
- Tri-generation plant; heat recovery; thermoactive building systems
- 200% improvement of outside air rates
The transformation of an outdated office tower into a contemporary, engaging and sustainable workplace
The Stockland Head Office is headquarters for one of Australia’s largest, most diversified property groups. The project is located in one of Stockland’s existing property assets: an outdated 31 floor office tower designed and built in the 1980s. Locating the new head office in this building provided an extraordinary opportunity to demonstrate that the building could be ‘turned around’ to create a contemporary, engaging and sustainable new workplace.
The Stockland Head Office is designed as an interconnected space that embodies the company’s vision for a unified, transparent business that facilitates innovation and collaboration. A vertical street in the form of a void that winds its way up the building’s eastern side, underpins the workplace. The void contains stairs that spiral through the eight floors to maximise the views between floors and provide a greater sense of connection.
The void staggers and slips between existing structural bays to create a series of different spaces, creating richness and complexity, rather than a singular space. The idea is conceived in terms of a wonderful tree house; a space, and spaces that give one the sense of being perched on platforms and branches with a magical series of spaces and environments that surround.
The workplace demonstrates the company’s commitment to sustainability and is the first in Australia to achieve a 6 star Green Star Office Interiors rating.
MBA NSW Interior Fitout Award
Property Council of Australia Sustainable Developments Finalist
The Royal Australian Institute of Architects - Milo Denphy Award for Sustainable Architecture (NSW)
The Royal Australian Institute of Architects Commendation for Sustainable Architecture (NSW)
Wirtschaftswoche International Best Office Award
BOSS Space Award
IDEA Major Commercial over 1000sqm Award
IDEA Sustainable Project Award
BPN Sustainability Office Fitout Award