- Activity based working
- Public cafe
- Public verandah
- Computationally designed reception desk
- First step into a co-working environment
- The project is the result of a collaborative union between many project partners – including Place Consultants and the Hornery Institute – led by BVN Donovan Hill
- The in-depth design process involved a series of internal workshops as well as think tanks to develop future models for work and technology
- The project develops a pilot workplace and community, next-generation of free-address to reposition the entire building asset and generate new income streams
- Computationally designed reception desk showcases innovation
Next generation ABW designed to facilitate the redevelopment of the entire office building into a dynamic co-working environment.
The GPT Group workplace and strategic review project was initially to develop a new working model for the Victorian State Office on a single level in Melbourne Central Tower, an existing property asset of The GPT Group. Through a highly collaborative process engaging with The GPT Group leadership team, the project expanded into a masterplan for the entire 40,000m2 asset, linking with the retail masterplan for the adjoining centre.
The masterplan focuses on redeveloping and repositioning the Melbourne Central Tower asset to transform the office building into a dynamic community and service offering which unites all tenants. The Victorian State Office forms the catalyst for change as the first step towards developing a co-working environment.
The GPT Group Victorian State Office is located on level 10 of Melbourne Central Tower and is an evolution of the Sydney office, offering an activity based workplace. Based on agile work principles, the workplace is designed to host not only permanent staff and visitors, but also interstate staff, contractors, retailer clients and collaborators. The workplace offers a variety of working stations suitable for the numerous working activities of the organisation. The workplace is designed to attract interesting tenants and reposition The GPT Group as the preferred supplier of space and expertise.